Monday, April 5, 2010

New things

I sit here in the midst of new things going on all around me...moving into a new home, new experiences of things I've never done and just all around new times. I've learned that drains do get plugged, dogs do eat paper and kids will be kids. I'll be the first to admit that this road hasn't been easy...isn't there supposed to be someone to take care of the drain, the dog and help with the kids? Under normal circumstances yes there is...and God has challenged me, pushed me seemingly beyond my limits. I thought this weekend that I saw the limits go out the window of a car I was traveling 60 mph in...I even sat in front of my bedroom door (it has no handle right now) so that I could gather my thoughts uninterrupted. And my thoughts continue to plague me...

Yet even though I want to scream into the wind just about everyday I have this knowing that He is ever near, ever present and ready to take on anyone who would try to come against me.

Oh how I wish things were different, that I did have an earthly husband to take care of the drain, the dog and play with the kids...but more than that I want Him. I want His approval, His eyes ever on me, His love pouring over me. And the amazing thing is that He is all of that and so much more.

On a more different tone the kids and I have gone to a counselor, mainly for me to get a professionals opinions regarding them. I'm so glad that we've gone. I have felt so reassured in how I've been talking to them and handling all this that has been place with us. We're going for our third and final session Wednesday which I'm both happy and sad - she's a neat lady!

Other than that...nothing's real new here, kids go back to school tomorrow, I stay on the same schedule and God's still on the throne ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment