Monday, September 5, 2011

There are times when I find that I don't wanna deal. I just want to wait until the storm passes over, til I'm home, or when the bills are screaming at me to get paid. But is that the way that God wants us? I don't think so.

I have the luxury of being on vacation for a few days and I'm really loving it...yet there's this persistent nagging that is the cause of this blog...school. But is it really school or just a habit that I've set up for myself and school is just the mask? School is needing to get done, but because I'm not at home with my usual routine I openly admit that it's harder to make the time to get it done and it's not screaming at me so it must be OK to put off...right? No. Let me make it known that I am getting school done while enjoying some much needed time off. Yet I'm being made aware of something bigger than just school: the fact that I would rather deal with the here and now and what's in front of me than the stuff that needs attention but isn't going to vie against other things for it.

Again I ask, is this what God wants for me? No. I believe that He would want me to deal with the pain now, with Him walking me through it, than later possibly alone and flailing about. That's what He does, walks us through the pain, through the sorrow, for a better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment