Monday, December 17, 2012

Redeemed

I was sitting minding my own business the other day when a great song came on...as you may or may not remember God speaks to me through songs many times and this was no exception.  The song was Jason Gray's Remind Me Who I Am and the premise is us asking God to remind us who we are when we are low.

I've heard this song quite a bit but when I listened this time I heard the lyrics for what seemed like the first time...take a read:


When I lose my way,
And I forget my name
Remind me who I am
In the mirror all I see
Is who I don't wanna be
Remind me who I am

In the loneliest places
When I cant remember what grace is

Tell me, once again
Who I am to You, who I am to You
Tell me, lest I forget
Who I am to You, that I belong to You
To You

When my heart is like a stone,
And I'm running far from home
Remind me who I am
When I can't receive Your love
Afraid I'll never be enough
Remind me who I am

If I'm Your beloved can You help me believe it

Tell me, once again
Who I am to you, who I am to You
Tell me, lest I forget
Who I am to you, that I belong to You
To You

I'm the one You love, I'm the one You love
That will be enough, I'm the one You love

Tell me, once again
Who I am to you, who I am to You
Tell me, lest I forget
Who I am to you, that I belong to You

Tell me, once again
Who I am to You, who I am to You
Tell me, lest I forget
Who I am to You, that I belong to You
To You
To You

I have loved this song since I first heard it on the radio, but it wasn't until this latest listen that I heard, "I'm the one you love, I'm the one you love, That will be enough, I'm the one you love".  Now hold your spot here for a minute while I tell you of another song that I heard this morning.

I was at work stewing over a situation that I really didn't need to be stewing over.  I had to do something that I REALLY did not want to do but knew that I needed to and I was getting anxious over it.  I quickly flipped on my praise on Pandora to help me as I quietly prayed about what I needed to do.  It was evident that something was the matter and a few people even asked what was going on and if they could do anything.  My simple reply was, "I've just got a lot on my mind".  After a song or two I heard one of my favorites right now, How He Loves Us. I nearly lost it right in the middle of work...and again got a part of the song that I had never gotten before...He is jealous for me.  

Just as a husband is healthily jealous for his wife, our God is jealous for us.  This does not mean that if a friend is vying for my attention God (as my husband) gets outraged at me, but rather that when an enemy comes and accuses me of things that I have not done He comes to my defense.  He cries with me and comforts me at the same time.  He hurts when I hurt and wants to take that hurt away.  I felt instantly at peace.  I wish I could have held onto that peace for longer than I did because just minutes after I realized I had it, I felt anxious again.  Thankfully the situation was resolved and so not worth the anxiety I had felt earlier in the day.

Here's a youtube of Kim Walker's How He Loves 

1 comment: