Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

I sit here in my sitting room finishing my book report, when His overwhelming love pours over me. This is the day that we remember His resurrection and also the day of my stupid book report being turned in. I've known about this book report for five weeks now and sadly I pushed it off until the last possible moment. I chose a stupid book for a stupid reason, an easy grade. What I didn't realize is that while I was going for the easy grade He was pushing healing. The book? A parent's guide to raising grieving children. Yup...stupid. At first I waited a week to even get a book, so then I felt that I had to get a book that I could relate too in order to get a good grade. That's when I found this book, yet it's not one I could simply just read like I do other books. At times I had to just put it down, I couldn't take it due to it being so close to home. I did finish it though, I eventually had to push through and read it! This is also the class that I've turned in at least two assignments late, probably three! So, I knew I had to get it in gear and JUST DO IT!

I finished the book yesterday morning and started the report yesterday afternoon, after some much needed time with the kiddos. It seemed that the report just flew off my fingers, came naturally and I was able to finish this afternoon confidently.

You may be asking though, "What does His love have to do with this?" The song that was playing on the stereo as I finished reading and proofing was "Healer"...He IS my Healer! I believe that He's my Healer! He's all that I need and more than enough for me! Praise the Lord! I know that I will have tough times and that it will seem the end of the world for me...BUT He is my Healer! He is there to pick up the broker pieces and gently prod me to continue on!

Oh how I love this God of mine! I'm in awe that He saw me worthy to die on the cross for me! And I'm thankful that He is true to His word and He rose again! Be blessed this resurrection day!

No comments:

Post a Comment