Friday, April 15, 2011

The Glory of my God!

I heard the best words today..."it's your last day!". OK, let me explain. I had put in a request to change shifts and today I was told that I got it and it was my last day up in the smalls department! This is all due to my kids' needs...plain and simple, they need me. They had been doing great until a few weeks ago and I began to see the stress in their eyes; stress of doing things that I would do if I had been there. So, I put in the request and left it in the Lord's hands. I had thought that it would be some time before I got transferred, but our God is mighty and when He moves, HE MOVES!

SO, on the way home I was praying and just started weeping. The kind of weeping that I'm sure people driving around me thought I was experiencing something terrible! If they only knew! I prayed for some friends, thanked God for the move, and prayed for myself. In my praying I had a vision of Him coming into my friends' lives and covering them over as a sealant does over concrete. Sort of like their lives were seemingly cracking and He was coming in over them to seal them seamlessly, no cracks remaining.

My prayer for myself was beautiful. I prayed that God would prepare for His daughter someone worthy of His daughter, someone perfected in His image! AND that He would prepare ME for His son! Create and perfect in ME someone worthy of His son! Oh, it was a great ride home from work!

God is good, He still is there just as He says in His word. Look for Him in the least expected places, because that's where He is!

No comments:

Post a Comment