Wednesday, January 11, 2012

That time of year again!

That's right all, accountability time! OK, most refer to it as New Year's Resolutions, but this year I chose to call it "accountability". That's what we really mean isn't it? Those 'resolutions' don't stay that way for long and are often forgotten by February...however, accountability has a different tone to it.

By definition accountability is "the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable" (just for laughs the next definition has to do with schools, HA!). Resolution, on the other hand, is "a formal expression of opinion or intention made". Hm. So it seems that accountability has to do with the outward and resolution has to do with the inward. Maybe. Where am I going you ask? We ask someone to hold us accountable in something; we state a resolution but if we are not held accountable to it by an outside force (whether it be God or man) we fail. I know I have failed with resolutions! I've even failed somewhat at being held accountable. However, whenever someone holds me accountable to something I've resolved to do I have that conviction that comes and I try to quickly correct myself. I also know that when I know someone is watching almost my every move, I behave better ;).

All that being said, here is one of this year's resolutions that I hope y'all will hold me accountable for: writing a new blog entry every week. That is the big one. I have other small things that the Lord is asking me to do, but this was the big one! Now, I may not leave an entry here, so you may have to watch my facebook for other entries, but rest assured all...I will write!

No comments:

Post a Comment