Sunday, February 12, 2012

I'm not alright

I'm sitting here listening to Sanctus Real's 'I'm not alright' and I'm reminded of my first speaking engagement where I took this song and ran with it.

It was the first Christmas after Doug died, the ladies Christmas dinner 2009. I wanted people to know that no, I'm not alright, that I'm broken inside, but that all I go through leads me to Christ (lyrics to the song). Many people asked me, and often over and over again how we were doing. Thankfully I was able to see that they all just love and care about the kids and I. However, my answer routinely became, "We're OK, thank you," when really we were broken inside. I also wanted people to know that our God is bigger than death and that even though we were broken inside we would be alright.


No comments:

Post a Comment