Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Two weeks

It dawned on me today that two weeks from today would be Doug's 42nd birthday. Yup. 42. With that thought came others; the main one being, "What are we going to do?". I really have no purpose to this blog today other than to state the obvious of the coming day...well that and state my choice.

Choice number one: Stay in bed pretending the day never happened. Yeah, right! With two kids, work, and school that is NOT AN OPTION!

Choice number two: Deny the day's existence. Also not an option as I live in the reality of this world.

Choice number three: Accept the day's existence, but treat everyone around me as if they should cater to my every need and pitch a fit if I don't get my way. Getting closer, but still not there. Just because I am experiencing what could potentially be a bad day does not give me the right to be angry at everyone around me. Last year I took February 15th off and the reason I gave was for the safety of those around me. Good reason as I could not guarantee anything that came out of my mouth that day, however I realize that I cannot continue like that. At some point I've got to realize that there are going to be bad days and I've got to deal with them as they come and thankfully I know I am not alone!

Choice number four: Accept the day as it is: a gift from my Father in heaven. Give Him that day knowing that He's got it all under control. Go on with life as usually, embracing that it is Doug's 42nd birthday, as well as a normal day in the Wilcox household.

My choice? Choice number four, with prayer, trembling, and a bit of excitement. Prayer because I know I can do this if I give it to Him in prayer; trembling because I am human and I don't want to disappoint my Father; and excitement because every other important day since Doug's home-going has been filled with something from above! I've gotten beautiful sunrises when previous days were horrible, thoughtful cards from friends, not to mention all the little prayers He answers!

So, I guess I have another reason for this post: In your most trying times, most unforgiving days, what do you choose to do? An ostrich may miss the storm going on around them with their head in the sand...but they also may miss the rainbow after the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment