Monday, March 5, 2012

Oh my

Where do I begin! For starters, this is a late blog. I gave my word that I would write one blog a week for the entire year and I have failed.

Next would be my search engine...normally Google but this evening for some unexplained reason Google is not working as I believe it should and it is irritating me.

Before that my computer gave me other issues that were mostly not it's fault, but rather operator error (a better term is 'operator ignorance'). I was working on my almost due research paper for a class that I've had issues turning things in on time for some reason or another when all of a sudden things started acting heywire. I credit the fact that I was trying to read a document and couldn't open it so I downloaded what I thought would be a safe download to decipher the document so I could read it. Well, lesson learned.

Before that was goodnews: I only had one test and my research paper due today when I thought I had two tests and the research paper.

Before that I had taken a biology test which I failed. Both of my classes have given me a run for my money, but this time I thought I was well prepared for the test and apparently I wasn't. I've since emailed the professor to see if there is anything more I could do to be better prepared for my quizzes in that particular class.

Before that I was bombarded with the thought that I had to try and get two tests and a research paper done today.

And before that I was at work trying to figure out how I was going to get everything done that I needed to get done.

Needless to say...I was overwhelmed. OH, I forgot to mention that I have a Bible study tomorrow that I've not yet begun...and my kids need my undivided attention...oi.

What do I learn from this? Where do I go? My initial thought is, "If only Doug were still here" quickly followed by, "If only SOMEONE were here". But would having a spouse really solve all my problems or just add to them? Sure, I'd have someone physically here to help with the house, the kids, the work, etc...but then a whole slew of other things could come out of it if it is not in HIS timing! So, I can't go there.

The obvious answer is that I go to the Lord. I lay it all down at His feet and recognize that somewhere along the way, I messed up. I know where I did and that's between the Lord and I, and now I get to repent, dust myself off, and allow Him to pick me back up.

Now, if you'll excuse me a certain 11 year old is waiting patiently for me to come join him in a movie so good he wants to watch it a second time while I watch it for the first time ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Side note: I almost wasn't able to post this because I had signed out of my Google account to do something else...all I can say is, "Praise Jesus"...

    ReplyDelete