Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009

Well...it's just after noon on Christmas morning...went better than I thought. Kids got totally blessed, I got totally blessed...yet still something wasn't right.

Joey came to me last night as I was uploading my favorite Christmas song to my Ipod. Knowing that I would be blaring it throughout the house come morning it hit him that this Christmas was going to be different...and the tears came. We sat there for a moment and just held each other. All he wanted was his daddy and all I wanted was to give him what I couldn't. Lizzie was fine until we were on our way home from IHOP and we heard Doug's favorite Christmas song on the radio...then the tears came.

I wish I had the answers for them...wish I could give them all that they want, yet I know that I don't and I'm not gonna pretend that I do have all the answers or the ability to give them everything that they want. That's how the Lord deals with us. I imagine that He wants to give us all that we want, yet He knows what is best for us and what we should and/or shouldn't have.

So we've had a good, wet Christmas...pictures to come ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment